Teacher of Humanities
Founded in 1924, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint educates 4500 students aged from 3-18 representing over 130 nationalities.Each of our eight schools is dedicated to the development of seven life-worthy, future-ready global competences: we develop lifelong learning, self-agency, the ability to interact with the world, with others and with resources so as to develop transdisciplinary, multiliterate thinking. Through this, we drive our mission, which is to educate students to be global citizens with the courage and capacity to create a just and joyful tomorrow together.Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the Model United Nations system and the International Baccalaureate. We have around 1250 employees representing more than 60 nationalities, united as one core of dynamic professionals, committed to our mission.La Grande Boissière (LGB) campus is centrally located in Geneva and blends a mix of 18th Century buildings with cutting edge STEM and Arts facilities. The bilingual (French and English) campus is home to close to 1,900 students across the Primary, Middle and Secondary Schools. Our unique Universal Learning Programme, co-designed with UNESCO's International Bureau of Education, seeks to anchor learning in deep conceptual understanding and the assessment of Ecolint's global competences, to ensure that the outcome of learning makes some positive social impact.
LieuLa Grande Boissière (Secondary/secondaire)
Date limite de candidature15/02/2023
Date de début28/08/2023
Type de contratPart-time
La Grande Boissière
Seeks for 28th August 2023
To complete our team, we are looking for a:
Teacher of Humanities (History/Geography/Philosophy)
Part-time - 50-75%
- Teach History and Geography to Years 9 to 11
- Teach Philosophy to Year 11
- Teach Theory of Knowledge
- Play a pastoral role in mentor programme
- Support the school curricula (ULP and IB)
- Participate in all school and department activities, produced shared resources and align with department strategies
- Use school systems including Google classroom, ManageBAC, ISAMs
- Appropriate social science/humanities degree and teaching qualification
- Experienced teacher of humanities, ages 13-16
- A willingness to supervise social science Extended Essays is essential
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of history subject areas including multiple geographic regions, time periods and social groups
- Fully fluent in English; a willingness to learn French is important
- Excellent classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and creativity with a passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve the highest possible standards for all students
- A caring, sensitive attitude towards students: an outstanding and inspirational teacher
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and parents
Candidates are requested to apply online attaching their CV , three references (one of which must be from their current or most recent employer, who can be contacted should the candidate be selected for an interview), and a covering letter. The application must be addressed to Conrad Hughes, International School of Geneva, La Grande Boissière Campus by 15th February 2023 mentioning the reference number 340 309.
The International School of Geneva values and encourages diversity among its staff. As such, we welcome applications from candidates with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. The School is seriously committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All successful candidates will be subject to rigorous conduct and child protection checks appropriate to their position, including prior checks with their previous employers and the authorities.