The International Ski Federation (FIS) is the governing body for international skiing and snowboarding and was founded in 1924 in Chamonix, France. Recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), FIS manages the Olympic disciplines of Alpine Skiing, Cross-Country, Skiing, Ski Jumping, Nordic Combined, Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding. This includes setting the international competition rules. Through its over 135 member nations, FIS runs more than 7’500 ski and snowboard competitions every year.
You are a very professional and reliable person with a track record of comparable positions. You have an outstanding service orientation and are eager to fortify the President’s image.
FIS is looking (as soon as possible) for a high flexible and trustworthy communication expert for the role of an
Your mission and duties:
We are looking for a highly organized, experienced and committed Senior Press Attaché who will hold full responsibility for developing the public awareness of the President’s role and his image. The post-holder is the single point of contact for all communications or media requests from internal and external stakeholders regarding the President. In close collaboration with the Communications Director, the Press Attaché will develop, manage and organize communications activities, generating written content, coordinating worldwide media relations, executing social media posts and finally act as a formal spokesperson of the President.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in communication, journalism or PR
- At least five years of professional experience at a senior level in comparable positions
- Evidence of achieving international media coverage on behalf of an organisation
- International network of media contacts (ideally with sports journalists)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, administrative and organisational skills
- Experience of flexible working, comfortable with ongoing change and with ability to work in variety of circumstances and be willing to travel extensively during the winter season
- Interest in sport, particularly in Winter sports
- Native or fluent in English; German, French or Russian are assets
We offer you:
Within this exciting position, you will be given the opportunity to join an international team of motivated, creative and competent colleagues in the breath-taking setting of the Lake of Thun region in Oberhofen (near the Swiss capital Berne). The FIS only considers applicants from the Schengen region/zone.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via www.mercuriurval.com/de-ch, Reference: CH-04558. For further information please call +41 31 319 13 13. Mercuri Urval has offices in Zurich, Nyon, Berne and Lucerne as well as more than 70 branches worldwide.
International Ski Federation (FIS)