Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy, Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is the company behind some of the world's most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge.
Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products. If you would like to get more information about our corporate organization in Switzerland specifically, please visit our company profile.No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
Region Compliance Officer Middle East & Africa (100%)
Holcim at a glance
Compliance is at the heart of what we do and how we conduct our business in all countries we operate in. For our Middle East & Africa region we are looking for an experienced compliance expert with highest personal standards on integrity and passion for compliance to promote a fair and just culture.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the Holcim Compliance Program in all Holcim companies within the Middle East & Africa region
- Work with and through the Country General Counsels (or other managers to whom compliance responsibilities in the country have been assigned) to implement the 5 elements of the compliance program in each country: risk assessment, controls, training & communications, follow-up and organization/governance
- Support Country General Counsels with interpreting and implementing controls, risk assessments, trainings and other elements of the compliance program through the application of compliance expert knowledge and skills
- Coordinate planning, goal setting and monitoring of metrics and reporting across the countries in the Middle East & Africa region for aggregation and publishing at Group, inclusive reporting on trainings, investigations, communications and the 6 pack
- Work with Group Investigations, assist the Regional General Counsel with the supervision, assignment and monitoring of investigations in the Middle East & Africa region and on occasion plan and conduct investigations
- Advise and monitor country implementation of management actions to close out findings from Internal Audit, Internal Controls and/or Group Risk (ERM)
- Design and manage the process of assessing and monitoring local compliance processes and controls, including reporting audit findings
- Digitize compliance reporting and compliance approval flows in the Middle East & Africa region
- Manage the Middle East & Africa compliance team (direct reports and dotted line reports) under the supervision of the Regional General Counsel
- Required: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
- Preferably: Master's/Graduate Degree from a reputable institution in Law (preferred), Compliance (preferred), Business or Finance
- Post-graduate degrees in specific fields of compliance would be beneficial (e.g. certified compliance officer, diploma in compliance management, etc.)
- 15+ years of experience in legal, compliance or an assurance role (audit, internal controls, risk); a minimum of 10 years of experience in compliance
- Experience managing local and distributed teams, working with both direct reports and dotted line reports as well as external service providers
- Preferably: Experience in conducting investigations in the Middle East and Africa
Knowledge & Skills
- High personal standards of integrity
- Persistence, resilience and diligence
- Able to strike a balance and maintain objectivity in contested situations
- Sound understanding of business processes and internal controls to mitigate risk, anti-bribery and corruption and anti money laundering controls and laws, fraud and financial crime
- Track record of successful implementation of programs, processes, trainings, investigations; strong follow-up skills; able to set timelines and work to performance targets
- Exemplary communication and coordination skills, communicating and advising at the senior executive level
- IT savvy or very keen to acquire IT skills to digitize reporting and approval flows
- Preferably: Knowledge of investigatory techniques, and the governance of investigations
Fluent in English and French. Arabic highly desirable, German desirable.
If you have any questions concerning this job position, please contact
Global HR Business Partner
Your working location
Grafenauweg 10, 6300 Zug
More about Holcim
For more information please visit our website.