This is an unique opportunity to assume responsibility in a leadership role for software development in a fast-moving company! As of now we are looking for a strong individual and passionate leader to start as
Director of Software Development (f/m/d)
This role is a leadership role in an agile environment with distributed teams in Switzerland and Vietnam. You will be accountable for delivery of software in time, scope and quality, the performant and reliable operations of the platform and for data security.
Do you want to ...
- be accountable for the entire development organization of one of Scout24's business units (AutoScout24, ImmoScout24, or anibis)
- provide technical consultation and expertise to the board and directors of the business unit. As a sparring partner of the Managing Director, Director of Product, Head of Product Marketing and Head of Design of the respective platforms, you will be influencing business and product roadmaps; evaluating short- and long-term implications of decisions;
- partner closely with the Director Product and his/her Product Managers and Designers as part of the various Scrum teams
- participate in leadership meetings of your business unit representing SW engineering
- develop the technical strategies for your marketplace (business unit) in collaboration with your software architect, by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap; predicting, evaluating, and integrating new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities;
- recommend allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives that are critical to business/mission success
- work with your peers to find and exploit synergies in processes, products and technology across business units
- drive continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the teams; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
- continue to drive the mindset and processes improvements of the transformation that we embarked on
- support development teams to attain optimal team performance by removing obstacles
- coach, mentor and develop your team leads and software architect
- regularly travel to Vietnam (3-4 trips/year), where a good size of your engineering team is located
- manage the resource allocation across your teams
- report to the CIO
- have 7-8 teamleads reporting to you including the business unit's architect
- continue to establish clear organizational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities and personal development for the business unit in line with any anticipated growth
- ensure that the skills and experience of the teams are consistent with its technological and business needs for providing quality in present and future services
- constantly be in touch with the Directors of SW Dev. of the other business units
Do you have ...
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with years of relevant experience
- 3-5+ years of experience managing an organization as second level manager
- Experience in successfully building and shipping software products
- Strong background in agile software development practices and leading agile teams
- Experience in leading remote and distributed teams
- Strong SW development background
- Good sense for business context
- Skilled at stakeholder management
- Data driven mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Have the ability to multi-task and stay organized and focused in a dynamic environment
- Fluent in English. Advanced knowledge in German (B1 level or above) or willingness to learn.
Why you should join:
Come and shape the future of Switzerland's most popular online marketplaces. Scout24 Schweiz AG is the leading network of online marketplaces. In our agile and international teams, we continue to develop our platforms. We research, design, measure, test, automate and release together - and learn from each other. We are obsessed with quality - with the necessary dose of pragmatics, so as not to lose pace. We are passionate about and proud of our shared achievement. We set ourselves ambitious goals and celebrate when we have achieved them.
By the way: The position is based in Flamatt or in Zürich (with 2-3x travel/week on average to Flamatt). We are moving to a setup, where the purpose of the office is to be a place for collaborating, brainstorming, and meeting as teams. We believe this is important to have a vibrant culture that drives innovation. We also believe that a large part of the work can be performed efficiently at home (about 50%).
Are you curious? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Tel. +41 79 911 44 32
Get to know us
We offer a challenging and interesting job in a dynamic environment. We encourage development and training opportunities and we provide a workplace in a new office building with staff restaurant and fitness room, as well as cultivating an informal and straightforward working atmosphere.