Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master- Agile, SAFe, Diagnostics, English
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Kaiseraugst we are looking for a Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master.
This position is for a strong scrum master with a solid background in Technical Project Management. As scrum master you will be leading a team that is in transition from a traditional waterfall delivery model to a product-centric, scaled agile framework. You have a strong enough foundation in Agile methodologies to guide a transitional team as well as provide technical project management where needed as we close skill gaps and phase out unneeded processes. The position is part of the Diagnostics IT PMO Team and your first assignment will be supporting the Dia R&D Informatics solutions portfolio.
Perfect Candidate: We are looking for an experience Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master. The perfect candidate is someone with 10+ years in project management, with a technical background (e.g solution architect) that worked on large global technical and agile project. We need a Scrum Master certified. PM certification is a plus, not a must. We need someone that can hit the ground running and take an active part in the project (electronic lab network: in a word, the project is about digitalization of lab paperwork). This person will under the supervision of the release train engineer and work with a global team. Which is why flexible hours are very important: with half the team in SF, this person should be able to work late.
Areas of responsibility:
• Works closely with the Product team (Product Manager, Release Train Engineer, Product Owner(s), developers, Business Analysts, technical resources, and other stakeholders.
• Manage and optimize the flow of product value using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans, boards, trackers.
• Organize, manage and facilitate the scrum process and ceremonies; daily stand-ups, demos, retrospectives, grooming and planning meetings, etc.
• Help the Product Owner/ Product Manager keep the product backlog in good shape and groomed/ready for sprint planning.
• Act as a subject matter expert and coach to the team in Agile methodology, tool usage, decision making process following the proper guidelines.
• Resolves team impediments with the other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the product-centric delivery approach in the organization.
• Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities.
• Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary.
• Coach leaders, teams in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
• Help manage risks and dependencies.
• Escalate and track impediments.
• Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
• Encourage collaboration between teams and Solution Architects/Engineering.
• Work with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• Work with the Release Train Engineer on program execution and operational excellence.
• Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos.
• Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve.
• Foster use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices.
• Identify gaps in process and skills and help bridge the transition of the organization to scaled agile, product-centric delivery.
• Help manage other special projects within the domain as assigned.
Professional and technical requirements:
• 10+ years' experience in project management (8+ years' experience in the management of complex technical projects / 4+ years project development experience on an Agile Team)
• Scrum Master Certification
• Experience working on Agile projects (SAFe certification is a clear advantage)
• Technical project management background (e.g background as solution architect, business analyst or similar)
• Experience supporting research laboratory execution informatics or clinical domain
• Experience in the Healthcare or Life Sciences industry is needed
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with deployment of cloud and SaaS solutions
• Knowledge of Diagnostics business
• PM Certification is a plus
Reference no: 920531 AD
Role: Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Kaiseraugst, Switzerland
Start date: asap
Duration: 6 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.