Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
At Doodle we connect the world's calendars and help our users to organize their life by automating difficult multi-peer decisions. Already today, Doodle makes one of the most loved scheduling tools in the world reaching more than 28 million users per month. We make it our mission to find the optimal point in time for 8 business people to schedule this super important meeting or to fix the best weekend for the infamous bachelorette party in London. We are working at reaching the next higher orbit by bringing ML to the core of our offering. As the Lead Data Scientist at Doodle you are responsible to build up a team of world-class data scientists, technical product managers and data engineers to ultimately develop the machine-brain behind Doodle's offering.
Lead Data Scientist
You and your team will find answers to questions like:
- Based on the past calendar of the participating users, where is the best point in Minkowski-space to meet for lunch?
- Whose calendar should be treated with which priority?
- Did Doodle do a good job at suggesting certain dates?
- How much time did Doodle save for every user?
- What hints can we give to users to optimize their scheduling?
For such and many more questions you will be the strong lead to help us pursue the hard problems that we're set out to solve. Who you are
What we offer
- You are equipped with a very strong background in maths and (proper) data science, best is a masters or a PhD in theoretical physics or mathematics
- You read the latest research papers in ML before breakfast and you know all the tools and libraries behind modern DS (LSTM, CNN, MLP, GAN, Word2Vec, Random-Forest, SVM, Regression...)
- You're proficient with modern data science toolkits and libraries like mxnet, pytorch, tensorflow, Keras, sklearn, statsmodels....
- You practice and demand software engineering standard methodologies to be learned and applied in your team and know how to collaborate with a strong engineering department.
- You can draw from many years of digital product experience, you know what it takes to launch successful digital products
- Excellent team leading skills, ability to foster a strong data-driven culture.
- And last but not least you are motivated to shoot for the moon by developing Doodles brain
So, get in touch!
- The chance to create the AI behind Doodle from scratch
- Strong topic support within Tamedia, Doodle's shareholder
- We are home-office and remote work friendly, matched with flexible working hours. - We don't track time, we trust our people.
- Your personal growth is important to us. So you will have a personal, yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Sunny, open offices in central locations in Berlin, Zurich, Belgrade & Tel Aviv. Yes, you get to travel there too. This includes a once per year budget to do so, even if there is no direct business reason.
Doodle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We believe that a diverse team makes for better products and a better workplace. Our team comes from all over the world (representing 20 nationalities) and from diverse backgrounds.
We look forward to your application Denisa Fetahovic Recruiter