Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. To complete our team, we are looking for a
At our R&D site in Baden with more than 300 employees we specialize in the development of imaging soft- and hardware for cancer treatment. As a member of the Image Acquisition Department, you will be working on the development of the x-ray imaging systems for our radiation therapy linear accelerators
- Take over the ownership of a battery powered hand held device called Visual Coaching Device (VCD).
- Design and develop analog and digital electronics to support new generations of image acquisition components with enhanced hardware diagnostics and preventive maintenance capability.
- Actively keep the existing hardware components up to date to ensure no production gap due to obsolete components.
- Create required documentation for production.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate of an Engineering degree of a technical institute or university with experience in electrical hardware development
- Knowledgeable experience in H/W engineering (circuit design)
- Programming know-how in C/C++ is a plus
- Strong technical skills and excellent communication skills
- Forward thinking, structured way of working with an ability to get things done
- Fluency in German and English language
You are communicative, focused and analytical. In addition, you can express your ideas and research in written form. You are used to working independently, open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues. You thrive in an international work environment and in cultivating your contacts with partners in Europe and overseas.
If you like the challenge to work on the latest technologies and apply them to real life problems that have impact for a greater cause then we would love to hear from you. APPLY HERE