This role is key to ensure a seamless flow of information throughout the company, mastering Company databases environment and monitoring their health, security and integrity status.
The position holder will be part of the IT Operations team.Main responsibilities
Critical Skills & Specialization
- Checking, monitoring and maintaining the performance of database servers
- Optimizing databases health, integrity and security
- Tuning performances of database systems
- Ensuring the respect and the application of Bobst security rules, instructions and policies, staying in close contact with IT Security team
- Coordinating the Bobst worldwide DB admin team, assigning tasks and checking their execution
- Managing subcontractors involved with databases installation and maintenance
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting database errors
- Developing and managing database reports, KPIs and dashboards
- Operating master consoles to monitor databases performances and to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Preparing and maintaining databases diagrams, documentations, instructions and SOPs
- Participating in projects and in defining enhancements and improvements of the current DB landscape
- Interacting with the Help Desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root causes, and providing technical support when needed
- Providing assistance during database maintenances performed either by internal or by external DB admins
- Conferring with users about solving existing database problems
- Regularly participating to team meetings
- Reporting databases status to key stakeholders.
Education, competencies & language skills
- Advanced knowledge of databases security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Knowledge on administration of Oracle Exadata device
- Proven knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL databases
- Working knowledge of SAP databases structure
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- Certifications on Cyber Security and Database Administration in MS SQL or Oracle could be an added advantage
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field of study
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage critical issues
- Fast learner and self-starter, paying attention to detail
- Comfortable to work in a multinational and multicultural team environment
- English proficiency is a must
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.