Bachem is a leading, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacture of peptides and oligonucleotides. With over 50 years of experience and expertise Bachem provides products for research, clinical development and commercial application to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide and offers a comprehensive range of services. Bachem operates internationally with headquarters in Switzerland and locations in Europe, the US and Asia. The company is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange. For further information, see www.bachem.com.
To drive our continuous organic growth, we are constantly looking for highly qualified professionals. To strengthen our Global IT organization, we are looking for a Head of Global IT Infrastructure (f/m/d), 100%.
- Oversee strategic development and management of global IT infrastructure, focusing on cloud platforms, compute, storage, database, and middleware.
- Align IT infrastructure strategies with organizational objectives and conduct technology trend analyses.
- Plan and execute capacity planning and scalability strategies to support business growth.
- Develop and execute robust monitoring, incident response and disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance efficiency and streamline infrastructure operations.
- Establish performance metrics and KPIs for continuous improvement of IT services.
- Manage the IT infrastructure operational budget, including investments and improvements.
- Lead and mentor a global team of IT professionals, promoting innovation and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure effective vendor management, service quality, and cost optimization.
- Support implementation of security measures, compliance standards, and risk management practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 10-15 years of experience in IT operations and system management, preferably in a GxP manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of hosting, networking, and service management principles.
- Relevant certifications such as ITIL, PMP, or equivalent are preferred.
- Experienced in managing large IT vendor relationships and multinational project delivery.
- Skilled in negotiating agreements with corporate suppliers.
- More than 5 years of experience in managing managers and leading IT teams.
- Exhibits strategic thinking, planning capabilities, and a customer-service-first attitude.
- Strong communication, leadership, and team management skills.
- Knowledgeable in compliance, risk management, and IT infrastructure best practices.
- A dynamic and rapidly growing work environment with internal development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours with home office days and an option for obtaining additional vacation days through workload reduction.
- Employee development through numerous internal and external training opportunities.
- 60% coverage of pension fund contributions by Bachem AG as well as option for extra-mandatory pension provision with our Pension Plan Plus.
- Access to the Swibeco benefits platform with discounts from external partners.
- Fresh, healthy and varied food in our staff restaurant.
- A wide range of free sports activities on the Bachem Campus.
Would you like to drive innovation together with us?
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents via our application portal.
Learn more about the Bachem Group and get inspired by our exciting work environment at our location in Bubendorf!