Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced person to lead the Product Design team for our Real Estate division.
The Head of Product Design is a senior level position responsible for overseeing the design, usability, and improvement of the end-to-end user experience of our company's products and services. The role is to ensure that the user experience of a product or service is intuitive, engaging and enjoyable for the end user.
You will lead the Product Design team in research, ideation, conceptualization, design, prototyping and testing for the entire product portfolio to success. In addition, you will also be responsible for developing and evolving a passionate team of designers and UX writers.
You will collaborate closely with the Director of Product, Head of Product Management, Head of Engineering and other members of the leadership team to develop and implement the overall product roadmap, ensure seamless collaboration between cross-functional teams, and continuously drive innovation and customer value.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading and development of the Real Estate Product Design Team including team meetings, reviews, personal development, mentoring and coaching
- Recruitment, introduction and development of Product Designers
- Collaboration and support in the development of the real estate product strategy
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the business, including product management and engineering to ensure progression towards business KPIs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing and Data Analytics, to drive successful product launches and ensure continuous product improvement
- Prioritizing the initiatives you and your team will be working on based on customer feedback, market research and industry trends
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitors, and emerging technologies to identify new opportunities and ensure our product offering remains competitive and innovative
- In order to further anchor the user experience sustainably, you define the necessary concepts and fundamentals in coordination with your peers from the Real Estate Business Unit
- Develop and maintain a UX program to guide designers, product management and tech teams towards the UX objective
- Prompt decision-making of data and technical considerations in your thinking
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a leading role of a user experience department.
- Additionally, you have a higher education and you have experience in usability, design thinking, data analytics and user research.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams to achieve business goals
- You have a customer-centric mindset, a lot of passion for user experience and are used to agile ways of working.
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and overcome obstacles to product success
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills in English
Benefits you'll love and why you should join us
Your new team and the people you work with will consist of an international and diverse group of fantastic people.
We live a hybrid working model without fixed office days. You are invited to use our new office in Zurich, Flamatt (from mid-2024 Bern City) or work from your own home base anywhere in Switzerland.
Benefits you’ll love:
- 6 weeks of holidays (with the possibility to buy up to 10 additional days)
- 40-hour week (flexitime with a cap at 45 hours ? We take work-life balance seriously)
- 4 months' notice after the probationary period
- SBB Half-Fare Card
- You travel 1st class between SMG sites in Switzerland
- 18 weeks maternity and 6 weeks paternity leave (also in case of adoption)
- Professional accident and supplementary insurance (100% covered by SMG)
- No fixed office days (you work where you feel most comfortable)
- Independent counselling center for personal and psychological problems
- Gender-neutral fair pay with clearly defined career profiles
- Choose your hardware (Mac Windows or Linux + 2 monitors for home)
- Choose your mobile phone (iPhone, Samsung, Pixel)
Apply now with your CV and any additional documents you think we should read.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. is a pioneering network of online marketplaces and cutting-edge European digital company that simplifies people’s lives with innovative products.
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group Ltd. provides customers with the best tools to meet their life decision needs. The portfolio includes Real Estate (ImmoScout24, Homegate, Immostreet.ch, home.ch, Publimmo, Acheter-Louer.ch, CASASOFT, IAZI), Automotive (AutoScout24, MotoScout24, CAR FOR YOU), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo) and Finance & Insurance (FinanceScout24). The company was founded in November 2021 by TX Group AG, Ringier AG, La Mobilière and General Atlantic.