Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
In Switzerland, Aon includes Aon Reinsurance, Aon Retirement & Investment and Aon Commercial Risk Solutions, Health & Affinity with around 350 employees in Basel, Lugano, Neuchâtel, Nyon, Wollerau, Zug and Zurich. To strengthen our team in Zurich we are looking for a:
Non-life Actuarial Consultant (m/f)
The Actuarial Consultant works in the multinational team of actuaries on consulting projects in the EMEA region.The main focus is on the support of Aon's insurance brokers with the structuring and placing of complex insurance programs for large multinational clients and on regulatory tasks associated with Aon's non-life captive clients.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to work on and further develop core actuarial competencies connected to structuring and pricing of insurance solutions that help clients manage and optimize their risk financing needs. It will also allow to strengthen the individual actuary's capabilities related to regulatory tasks such are solvency and reserving calculations. Furthermore, the role involves projects for different classes of insurance and for clients from all industries.
The Actuarial Consultant works in a multinational team of actuaries in close cooperation with risk financing consultants, captive management specialists and insurance brokers.
- Support Aon's brokers and account executives in the structuring, pricing and analyzing of complex insurance programs of large corporate clients in the EMEA region
- Engage in risk finance consulting projects for Aon clients and provide the necessary quantitative support for the total cost of risk optimization, optimal retention/risk financing structure analysis, risk tolerance and risk appetite modelling, loss forecasting, nat cat modelling, pricing review (second opinion), data analytics for the evaluation for risk improvement measures, pricing and structuring of non-traditional solutions (e.g. parametric covers, Multi-line Multi-year etc.) and other data analytics projects
- Support current captive clients in their regulatory filings in the Swiss (SST) and the European (Solvency II) regulatory solvency regime and the following reporting activities:
- Solvency Calculation and Reporting
- Statement of Actuarial Opinion
- Work on new service offerings and business development
- Engages in the training and on-the-job development of other actuaries
- Can do-attitude and high level of motivation to deliver results
- 4-7 years of work experience
- Qualified or close to becoming a qualified actuary in one of the recognized actuarial bodies or associations
- Have relevant experience in the below subjects:
- Pricing and structuring of standard and non-standard re/insurance contracts for in various lines of business (property, liability, marine, cyber, trade credit etc.)
- Using stochastic modelling tools (Remetrica, Tyche, Igloo) for pricing or capital calculation;
- Knowledge of Aon's proprietary Remetrica tool will be considered an asset
- Usage of natural catastrophe models (Impact Forecasting, AIR/Verisk, RMS) or having experience in using results from these Nat Cat models in the pricing and capital calculation as well as insurance limit verification
- Insurance company capital management in Swiss or Solvency II regulatory regime
- Performance of capital and reserving calculations for re/insurance companies
- Master's degree in applied actuarial science, applied mathematics, physics or economics
- Proficiency in the English language is a must; knowledge of German or French will be considered an asset