Software Architect for UBS Mobile Banking
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when working in one of multiple small agile teams but supporting them in parallel? We're looking for someone who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technology to the next level to:
– architect, design, and develop scalable, resilient and a fast mobile application
– work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new and existing features
– own the solution from end to end while being responsible for translating requirements into a modern technology mobile solution
– execute projects and enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of mobile solutions including, but not limited to, code reviews
– working along-side other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure
– act as a technical advisor towards development teams to plan, implement, and support new and existing mobile features
– continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new ways to maximize development efficiency
– solve problems in collaborative way, deliver sophisticated design and create high quality solutions
– help create, manage and automate continuous integration and delivery
– be part of a strong, international team and contribute to the success of Mobile Excellence
You'll be working within UBS Business Solutions AG in Zurich in a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile banking application. We plan and lead IT projects in our digital factory by having chosen an agile working model, with a mindset around time-boxed delivery of solutions, empowerment of interdisciplinary teams and close collaboration throughout the whole software development process. Our product is developed across multiple locations and has interfaces to multiple areas of the bank, having the focus on faster time to market and agile methodology, but always having our client in the center.
It's a very demanding, fast paced and exciting environment. Where this is the place where we live innovating working models and where nearly everything is possible.
Your experience and skills
– a master degree in IT Software Engineering
– 5+ years in a technical leadership role
– 8+ years development experience in Android (Java/Kotlin) and/or native iOS (Swift/Objective C) and a proven track record in hands on software engineering
– familiar with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications with back-end services
– a strong understanding & experience with design principles and interface guidelines
– a positive attitude and a great interest in shaping the future of technology in banking within a
– knowledge of Version Control System (Git)
– a good team player and have the ability to lead and mentor a group of engineers
– a strong written and verbal communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues in English and preferable German
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS International Recruiting