Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
As Head of Maintenance and Engineering, you will ensure efficient and reliable technical services, using state-of-the-art local maintenance processes in close, cross-functional collaboration with local and external partners (e.g. Service Providers) following our strategy, targets and leadership principles. You will be based in Dübendorf reporting directly to the Head of Operations.
Sound interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if you, like us, always aim to exceed customer needs, provide value and are experienced at building relationships.
Maintenance and Engineering:
- Safety: Guide local projects in the Maintenance and Engineering department to support site goals in the area of Environment, Health and Safety. Leading by example and evolving a 'safety first' mindset across the organization are important elements
- Quality: Ensure an improvement mentality in the local Maintenance and Engineering teams with a clear 'zero defects' ambition. Take ownership for local food safety measures. Further guide the change towards solid preventive and predictive maintenance
- Service: Manage the Maintenance and Engineering functions and processes to bring service towards internal customers at or above target levels. Equipment reliability and availability are key indicators
- Cost and Budget ownership: Manage all Maintenance and Engineering cost (i.e. PEX, Buildings, Spare Parts) at local level and across cost centers through close collaboration with Manufacturing and Regional Support Functions
- Site Projects: Assume full responsibility for local investment projects and drive mid- and long-term CAPEX plans in collaboration with regional partners to increase transparency over spend and speed up project execution
- Customer Centricity: Be an ambassador of a customer-centric mindset across local departments by being "easy to do business with"
- Lead change management for local, regional and global improvement activities and strategic initiatives within a collaborative matrix-organization
- Monitor Maintenance and Engineering performance (including KPI cockpit and targets)
Leadership and Talent management:
- Lead different teams (Mechanics, Electricians, HVAC and Engineers) in the local Maintenance and Engineering organization
- Provide coaching and functional direction to direct reports
- Hire local Maintenance and Engineering staff and responsible for goals setting, evaluation and development
- Develop local talents together with Head of Operations and regional and global functions
Are you someone who wants to grow your world? Who excels being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then join us - and improve your world.
- At least 5 years' experience in a broader leadership position; lead leaders
- Hands-on approach, focusing on achieving results and driving team performance
- Experience in managing a wide number of specialized service providers, balancing internal costs versus external spend
- Experience of 10 years in a comparable environment (food, pharma or chemical sector)
- Project management expertise
- Business fluent in German and English
- Knowledge of LEAN or Six-Sigma methodology
- High drive and passion
- Variable pension fund contribution
- Sport and leisure club
- Company shop
- Staff restaurant
- Public transportation support