Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
For our Swiss Manufacturing Plant, based in Winterthur (Switzerland), we are looking for a
Your main responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring supplier DPM requirements conforming to established corporate ZUDI requirements and standards through audit, inspection and test activities
- Interact and work effectively / productively with different functional departments, geographic regions, suppliers and experts outside the corporation
- Provide sourcing and quality expertise to support suppliers with ZB requirements implementation
- Assist in defining Supplier Compliance to ZUDI specifications
- Act as a representative of Sourcing Compliance to other Zimmer departments / site- and corporate-wide organizations
- Manage site-specific Purchasing Controls processes in compliance to corporate policies, procedures and industry standards
- Create documents in preparation for updating or creating procedures by sourcing management to meet corporate requirements
- Coach and train suppliers for new or changes in Zimmer Biomet policies/procedures related to sourcing activities
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Manufacturing / Quality or related technical field
- 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing, quality and/or project management in supplier process development
- Specialist with Quality Assurance experience as it relates to medical devices and controlled environment
- Project Management success in multi-phase projects; balancing many concurrent objectives
- Working knowledge in control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification, Deviation Processes and Non-conformance Reports
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience and ability to discern receipt of inaccurate information and offer corrective action solutions
- Broadly based work experience with participation in cross-functional and diverse project teams
- Ability to anticipate, report, escalate, and resolve project schedule roadblocks to completion
- Ability to evaluate suppliers using multiple sources of information, to identify potential solutions and implement the best solution in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (must have)
- Ability to make decisions regarding the balance between performance, operational needs, and corporate requirements including financial implications
- Fluent oral and written communication abilities in both German and English are mandatory. Any additional European language is an asset
- Experience working in medical devices or other highly regulated industry
This dynamic job position has a willingness to travel 10% worldwide (both domestic and international), valid passport required.
If you seize this opportunity, you will be able to develop your international experience and be a part of a great and truly global team.Zimmer offers a wide range of challenging career advancement opportunities and a dynamic work environment. We look forward to receiving your complete application through our recruiting tool.
Please note that for this position we accept direct applications only (no placement agencies).