Technologiepark Basel Hochbergerstrasse 60C CH-4057 Basel
Highly motivated team is looking for Head of Development
Date: October 2021
daygnostics AG is a diagnostics company focused on the development of rapid molecular diagnostics tests for the detection of pathogens in the food safety industry.
Our highly motivated team is looking for a “Head of Development” with a proven working experience in the lifescience industry, in the specific area of molecular in vitro diagnostics. The ideal candidate must be a self-driven and result-oriented professional who is excited to become part of a growing startup at the cutting edge of the molecular diagnostics for the food safety industry. In this role, you will guide the scientific team and will be accountable for the execution of our new diagnostics projects. Additionally, you will be responsible for the identification of new technologies and for the expansion of our partner network. As part of the daygnostics’ team, you will interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders and together with the CEO and COO, you will define and implement our long-term strategy for becoming a leader in the field of molecular diagnostics for the food safety industry.
This position will be for an unlimited period of time with a workload of 100% and starting as soon as possible. Location: Basel, Switzerland
- Proactively manage the R&D of new molecular diagnostics technologies
- Devise project and technical plans to meet the goals according to strategic milestones
- Coach a dynamic team of scientists
- Provide leadership in solving scientific/technical problems and initiating new project
- Oversee the interpretation of data and critically evaluate team conclusions
- Direct the preparation of reports and ensure a timely delivery of the results
- Communicate and present scientific/technical results at internal and external meetings
- Manage relationship and build trust with our industrial partners
- Assess the competitors landscape and imagine solutions to fill the market gaps
- Identify patentable insights and inventions and secure the intellectual property
- A PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry or similar
- 2-3 years of experience within a biotech or pharma environment strongly preferred
- Experience in developing assays for molecular diagnostics
- Advanced understanding of molecular biology is essential, including experience in immunopurification, immunoassays, real-time PCR, and next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Knowledge in microbiology would be a plus
- English proficiency is mandatory (oral & written)
- Good command in MS Office and MS project
- Curious with a strong analytical and critical thinking
- Methodical, organized and ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong collaborative team spirit, with the ability to communicate between disciplines -clients needs, engineering and biology
- Positive attitude
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity in an innovative start-up, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!
Only candidates with a valid Swiss work permit (or EU/ Swiss citizens) will be considered.
Applications from recruiters or agencies will be dismissed.