Writing the future. Together. Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow. By joining Avaloq,…
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
We are looking for a passionate and hands-on senior software architect to support and guide us maximize the user experience existing and new Avaloq Banking Suite applications as for example the online banking product or new mobile channels for relationship managers. You are a member of the small central architecture team that drives the cross-functional evolution of our platform together with the product teams who are the home of most developers and domain architects. You are responsible for architectural patterns and guidelines, technical high-level design and for meeting non-functional requirements as for example performance and security. You work independently with great autonomy and deliver results in agile projects together with different teams. You help your internal and external customers succeed by solving their real-world problems. You strive for perfection but remain pragmatic.
- You are responsible for the high-level technical user interface architecture and design.
- You collaborate with UX designers, UI framework, and business teams developing UIs.
- You define and standardize patterns for common requirements, such as i18n, styling, caching, state management, communication and routing between Web Components.
- You support to meet non-functional requirements such as usability, performance, security, and organizational scalability.
- You code prototypes, write some production code in innovation projects, and review code.
- You perform market research, evaluate products, visit other companies, customers, and conferences, etc.
What you need
- MSc or PhD in software engineering or related area.
- Architect experience in microservices based systems with a focus on user interfaces (e.g., self-contained systems, micro frontends, backend for frontend).
- You are used to working under pressure equipped with excellent presentation skills and commercial acumen, you have an appetite for complex bank-specific problems.
- You optimize solutions from a business perspective, considering cost, risk, time to market, required and available skills
- Fluent in English.
You will get extra points for the following
- German language skills
- Experience working for a SaaS company, banking knowledge, experience with ERP solutions, database knowledge, and open-source contributions.
- A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude, self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- You love developing simple and elegant solutions to complex problems. You want to build things and are an engineer at heart.
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Place of work
Don’t be shy – apply!
Avaloq Evolution AG
Cornelius Rothhaus, Talent Acquisition Professional
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.