Get better together - the Swiss Multiple Sclerosis Society
‘People with MS live with limitations and the uncertainty of what the future may hold. We are at their side: whether it’s for advice in difficult situations, informative events or residential care for the severely affected – we are there for patients and their families’.
Patricia Monin, Director of the MS Society
Since 1959, the Swiss MS Society has been the first port of call for MS across Switzerland. The association today has almost 15,000 members and generates an annual income of around 14 million Swiss Francs. A diverse range of services for people with MS, relatives, specialists and interested parties is delivered by trained staff including social service advisers, nurses, communications professionals, event organisers and IT specialists. The work is carried out comprehensively, neutrally and independently with great motivation and passion by MS Society professionals, to give people with MS a better quality of life.
The MS Society
- Offers professional advice on medical, social, psychological and nursing issues;
- Supports promising research projects;
- Provides financial support in cases of hardship;
- Helps organise holidays with personal care for the severely handicapped people with MS
- Provides a network for contacts and exchange;
- Launched the Swiss MS Register for a better understanding of MS.