Head of Tax Strategy, Policy & Reporting (100%)
The Head of Tax Strategy, Policy & Reporting drives the effective Tax/Cash Tax Rate strategy together with the Group Head of Tax. In addition, you will also be responsible for setting out the strategy regarding the ESG/Sustainability aspects of Tax.
The Head of Tax Strategy, Policy & Reporting is focused on providing strategies, goals, direction, executive decision making, communication with corporate and business unit leaders related to Financial Reporting for Taxes, implementation and maintenance of tax technology capabilities, as well as tax controls. No agencies can be considered for this job posting.
Your tasksTax Strategy
- You supervise, monitor and maintain the ETR and cash tax model per objectives set out with the Group Head of Tax
- You supervise the CFO presentations and BOD presentations as well as all tax related critical presentations to Senior Management
Financial Reporting and Forecasting (IFRS)
- You supervise all ESG/Sustainability aspects of Tax in liaison with the Communication, Public Affairs and Sustainability teams
Tax Administration & Leadership
- You will direct people and processes associated with external reporting for tax and all associated tax disclosures
- You will oversee effective reporting of the global ETR on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis
- You develop and implement continuous improvements to tax accounting processes
- You improve, harmonise and monitor IC and other regulatory controls required
- You communicate with external financial auditors, providing explanations, documentation and support for all external tax disclosures
- You coordinate departmental processes and establish procedures relating to annual/quarterly review of tax risks and exposures in order to assess and document reserve requirements under IFRS IAS 12
- You monitor and review all tax planning, tax compliance and tax audit activities to ensure external accounting and disclosure is accurate and to ensure that sufficient documentation is maintained
- You manage department administrative budget and cost control responsibilities for the Global Tax Department
- You proactively seek out opportunities to network with external peers and advisors to stay current and informed regarding tax technical developments and to benchmark tax management practices and procedures with other similar organizations
- You develop and monitor information technology strategies for tax-specific processes and applications
- You direct implementation of new tax-specific systems and processes.
- CPA / University Degree in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or Tax
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in tax reporting within a multinational company and/or a globally reputed tax consulting or accounting firm
- Knowledge and experience on IFRS
- Strong analytical thinking (strategic thinking, thinking systematically, problem solving)
- You are solution-oriented, pragmatic, creative and attention to details
- Show strong initiative and drive to get things done
- Excellent communication with EXCO members and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project leadership and project management skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationship
English (fluent), German and French an advantage.
If you have any questions concerning this job position, please contact
Your working location
Grafenauweg 10, 6300 Zug
More about LafargeHolcim
For more information please visit our website.