We are ISO, the largest developer of International Standards. We bring together experts to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to global challenges. This is because we believe that great things happen when the world agrees. We have an exciting opportunity at our Central Secretariat in Geneva.
Project Manager, Governance
The Governance unit (GOV) at the ISO Central Secretariat contributes to the achievement of the objectives of the ISO Strategy by providing high quality services to the ISO Officers (President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary-General) and ISO governing bodies (Council, General Assembly and President's Committee) and to the World Standards Cooperation (WSC).
As part of the GOV team, your role is to contribute to the achievement of the team objectives. The key responsibilities of the role are:
· Drafting governance related documents and, when required, meeting reports in English and in French;
· Researching information from various sources for analysis or studies in relation to issues considered by the ISO governance bodies;
· Contributing to the follow-up on the implementation of General Assembly and Council resolutions;
· Supporting the preparation of ISO governing body meetings, in collaboration with other colleagues;
· Contributing to specific governance projects.
· Previous experience in governance-related (e.g. board) activities and in dealing with sensitive and confidential documents;
· University degree in social sciences, economics, Law, languages, etc (not limitative);
· Excellent knowledge of English and French languages (C2 level minimum), ideally mother tongue in one (or both) languages;
· Ability to write clearly and precisely in English and French – reports, letters, working documents, minutes;
· Proficiency with IT tools (e.g. MS-Office), in particular Word;
· Knowledge of Document Management System LiveLink and WebEx would be an asset.
· Highly motivated, reliable, pragmatic and flexible.
· Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness. Comfortable working in a multi-cultural, international working environment. Recognizes sensitive issues for people or projects.
· Can work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently. Works well as part of a team but can also work independently with minimal guidance.
· Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
chemin de Blandonnet, 8 1214 Vernier