Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers' preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that 'engage your senses'. The Company achieved sales of CHF 6.2 billion in 2019. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 145 locations, the company has almost 14,969 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.
As Creation Assistant you will follow established procedures and guidelines to prepare seasoning samples and take part in seasoning evaluations and testing. You will support an effective application process, according to business goals and EH&S policies. You will be part of the Flavour Creation and Application team supporting the SAMEA region with particular emphasis for African Cuisine. You will be part of a supportive, diverse and responsible team which is already curious to meet you.
This role is based in Kemptthal.
Givaudan is committed to equal opportunities. Therefore, we explicitly welcome applications regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion or sexual identity. We also have a safe working environment, progressive working conditions and are certified as an equal pay employer.
- Prepare seasoning samples as requested for customer briefs, applications needs, technology performance assessment, QC standards, physical testing, etc
- Act as the main point of contact to provide timely seasoning samples for other labs and functions within Givaudan
- Maintain all required formula records and brief documentation in company database software (Athena, Atlas, Lot Number records, etc.)
- Maintain organized and updated stock of raw materials in the Laboratory
- Maintain organized collection of seasonings in the lab for immediate response to briefs and applications requests
- Assist in applying seasonings to food products when assigned
- Participate in the evaluation of seasonings in food products and provide seasoning performance feedback
- An education as a Chef, Baker, Laboratory Assistant or related area
- Ideally experience in a food applications lab, production, restaurant/kitchen or related area
- Proficiency in English, German nice to have
- The desire to work hands on
- An interest in food products, aroma and taste
Your benefits in Kemptthal:
- Excellent opportunities for progressive learning and development
- 40 hour working week, Flexible working model
- Additional paid days off
- Favorable pension fund contributions
- Subsidized meals in the Staff restaurant / You benefit from a discounted catering offer (incl. lunch)
- Sport and leisure club (amenities/showers on site)
- Discounts at the company shop
- Free Staff Parking and Bike Badge
- Subsidized: REKA vouchers and SBB half fare travelcard
- Complimentary beverages (tea, coffee, water)
- Worldwide private accident coverage and free choice of hospital
- Worldwide private accident insurance
- Additional family/education allowance (if applicable)