Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
The Proprietary West team within Alpiq is active in the Continental, Nordic and Southern European power markets as well as Gas, Coal and Emissions. Currently we are looking to expand the team with an experienced trader.
The successful candidate will be given a lot of freedom to develop trading strategies within the mandated markets. This will require an ability to analyse markets, define opportunities, implement and then manage the risk/reward as the trade matures. Apart from technical skills we also look for somebody who is a great communicator and will contribute to the team spirit and development.
We offer attractive employment conditions in a diverse, international and dynamic environment.
Your main responsibilities
- Define and execute trading strategies within given mandates
- Share knowledge and experience with the team and the wider commercial context
- Develop models to drive further development of Trading activities
- Acts as a role model to other members of the team and fosters a positive working environment
- Strong and verifiable track record in a Prop trading environment in the energy sector
- An extensive network of contacts within the energy sector
- Team player
- University degree in Finance/Science/Engineering or Maths
- Proficient in English
- Programming skills desirable