Associate Specilaist in Fermentation
Associate Specialist in Fermentation
"I want to make the most of my potential and get more out of my career"
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Temporary contract (2 years), act rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC is organized with three large research institutes for Nutritional Science, Materials Science and Food Safety & Analytical Science. Research Units focusing on Clinical Development, and PetCare, complement these major Institutes. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Lausanne is home to the two strongholds of Nestlé's fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC) and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) that investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
Demonstrating innovation mindset and strong initiative, you will be developing new fermentation processes (including probiotics) within key-projects to deliver natural taste & texture, as well as the optimization of nutritional composition of ingredients or health benefits.
- Lead and execute research projects in the area of fermentation
- Establish adequate analytical methods to quantify fermentation impact
- Ensure the optimization of reaction conditions in view of feasible applications
- Develop and maintain own areas of expertise including writing of impactful publications/communications
- Generate patents in the area of food fermentation
- Lead and execute scale up of results to ensure successful application and release in pilot plant
- Effectively manage research activities, research assistants, collaborations, and resources to deliver milestones on time
- Focus on good stakeholder management with the aim to transfer and adopt proposed solutions in area of expertise to Nestlé Product Technology Centers and/or business/markets
- PhD in the area of Fermentation technology
- Expertise in Probiotic fermentation processes is highly desired
- Proven ability to set up and lead research projects, build external partnerships and think strategically and application oriented.
- Outstanding track record of scientific publications in the area of fermentation
- Previous experience with research in industry environment is considered a strong advantage
- Fluency in English.
Show us that you have a creative and collaborative mindset and you are able to drive new and innovative initiatives. Your excellent communication skills, capacity to create relationships and build networks is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If you are dedicated to apply scientific knowledge while demonstrating the right level of leadership, and you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at: www.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Invoice Center Avenue Nestlé 55 - P.O. Box 800 1800 Vevey