Legal Counsel – Competition Law (100%)
As part of a larger global legal team you will be required to provide high quality legal services on a wide range of competition law matters that are technically excellent, business oriented, efficient, risk appropriate and solutions driven. This position is a fast-paced and hands-on position, requiring a high degree of self-motivation and ability to interface with diverse groups of business stakeholders as well as internal and external legal counsels.
- Handling of multi-jurisdictional merger control matters and offering strategic advice on M&A projects.
- Providing advice on exchanges of information (e.g. trade associations), go-to-market strategies (e.g. distribution/franchising systems, internal and external communication of business decisions), other horizontal and vertical agreements, and potential dominance-related queries.
- Managing and supporting internal and external competition law investigations and follow-on litigation matters of Group relevance.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to ensure a trusted advisor status; providing competition law guidance to regional General Counsels/local Legal Counsels.
- Contributing to the development of our competition compliance program and conducting competition law trainings of management at HQ and also in LH countries.
- Following up on the latest developments of competition law.
- University degree and qualified lawyer (preferably admitted to practice in an EU jurisdiction and/or Switzerland).
- Additional specialization in competition law from a reputable institution is advantageous (P.G.D; LL.M.; PhD).
Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a respected competition law firm and/or proven track record of working successfully as a competition law in-house counsel in a dynamic multinational corporate environment.
- Managed internal and external competition law cases.
- Handled multijurisdictional merger law filings.
- Delivered competition law trainings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to ensure the right organisational outcomes and impact.
- Highest levels of ethics and integrity.
- Proven ability to operate effectively with stakeholders at all levels. Team player with a high degree of self-motivation, used to be working under pressure with tight deadlines.
Advanced English drafting and writing skills particularly involving complex legal, commercial and operational concepts – C1 level (other languages, in particular, German, French or Spanish, advantageous).
If you have any questions concerning this job position, please contact
Grafenauweg 10, 6300 Zug
More about LafargeHolcim
For more information please visit our website.