As the world'sAs the world's global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, Holcim is reinventing the way the world builds. Supported by a 70,000-strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.If you would like to get more information about our corporate organization in Switzerland specifically, please visit our company profile
. No agencies can be considered for this job posting.
Senior Pre-Processing Expert ( 80-100%)
Holcim at a glance
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.Pre-processing – the transfer from waste into an alternative fuel or raw material (AFR) is one of the core pillars of the Geocycle business model. Smart, efficient & safe pre-processing and AFR handling processes are key for a successful co-processing of the AFR in cement kilns. The incumbent will work with regional & country Geocycle teams as well as cement plant teams to enable proper pre-processing and co-processing. He/she will carry out projects & studies related to AFR investments (focus pre-processing platforms and AFR feed systems), support group companies in design and operation of AFR installations, develop business cases to implement the country AFR strategy, elaborate and share of pre- and co-processing know-how, take a leading role in developing his technical field, be responsible to develop group design standards for AFR installations and ensure ACert compliance in involved projects.
- Transfer to local teams possible business opportunities derived from similar cases within the Group. Identify, explore and further develop interesting business opportunities together with local teams.
- Supporting in design and engineering of waste pre-processing facilities and AFR feed systems: Concept development / conceptual engineering, basic engineering, tendering (tender document, tender evaluation), engineering review, preparing investment and operating cost estimates, providing commissioning support for new AFR installations
- Evaluating project profitability of proposed AFR installations. Writing feasibility study reports
- Taking over overall project coordination if needed
- Review and challenge suppliers and/or plant projects proposals
- Knowledge management (Knowhow Elaboration, Documentation & Sharing): Documenting gathered knowledge and information in reports and manuals, presenting at meetings, workshop/seminars, courses and conferences, contributing to or leading workshops/seminars/conferences, developing related e-Learning modules
- Supplier management: Constantly searching for new developments and technology providers, critically review of suppliers equipment & technology, keeping frequent relations with key equipment suppliers and challenges them regarding equipment design and product portfolio, encouraging suppliers to further develop equipment & processes for our needs
- University degree, preferably Master's degree in mechanical, process, civil or environmental engineering
- 10+ years' experience in waste management or cement business
- Experience (min 5 years) in pre-processing operations and/or project management
- Experience (min 5 years) in management positions in multinational and multi-cultural environments
Knowledge & Skills
- Major and proven success record in capex project management
- Excellent people skills and team player, builds trust and is familiar to work in a diverse and adverse work environment
- Excellent communicator, result oriented with strong strategic and conceptual thinking
- Ability to work transversally with wide cross section of countries
- A high degree of personal initiative and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Simplifies complex issues and presents them in an understandable manner. Provides hands-on solutions that local teams can implement
English must be excellent (verbal / writing) German, French, Spanish are a plus
If you have any questions concerning this job position, please contact
Global HR Business Partner
Your working location
Holcim Technology Ltd
More about Holcim
For more information please visit our website.