Senior Epidemiology Analyst - (1800000F)
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Senior
The Epidemiology & Observational studies Group, as a key partner within the R&D division of Actelion and across the
broader real-world evidence (RWE) network of Janssen, serves the research community by generating knowledge about
disease, health service utilization, and the effects of medical products through the analysis of observational
healthcare (real-world) data. This position reports to the head of the Epidemiology & Observational studies Group.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without
disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us.
We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of
everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments cover the
spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
- Overall, to provide technical programming support for conducting observational research in collaboration with our
epidemiologists, via the dissemination of scientific information through analysis reports and publications in
- To work closely with colleagues in the Epidemiology & Observational studies Group to carry out analyses to address a
wide variety of research questions across different therapeutic areas and throughout the product development and post
approval lifecycle, as part of the broader RWE network.
- To conduct direct analysis of in-house observational data resources, including registries, administrative claims,
surveys, and electronic health records, as well as consultation and support to evaluate data external to Actelion.
- Specific tasks include: create the protocol analytic section / analysis plan; creating analytical datasets from
observational databases; defining codesets (e.g. ICD9/10, NDC) for defining exposure and outcome; conducting
feasibility assessments to determine if studies can be conducted in available data; providing database estimates of
background disease prevalence and drug utilization patterns; generating patient profiles; and implementing full
protocol-driven programming and results for observational studies.
- To research, design, and implement new approaches for data standardization, visualization, and reporting, including
developing web-based applications for sharing observational analysis results with key stakeholders.
- A graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics or related field is
- At least 5 years' experience in statistical programming (e.g. SAS, R) and at least 3 years' experience in
programming against large longitudinal patient-level observational healthcare (or other real-world)datasets. Experience
in database programming (e.g. SQL) and application development (e.g. VBA, asp.net) is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in and collaborate across multifunctional teams as well as in an international
- Innovative, critical and entrepreneurial thinking with the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Strong personal integrity and sense of urgency.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
This position is located in Allschwil (Basel), Switzerland. If you are interested in making an impact by working in a
culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application
: Clinical Development
: Apr 16, 2018