Building on 30 years of experience in transfusion diagnostics, Quotient is committed to delivering solutions that reshape the way diagnostics is practiced. Quotient has two key product portfolios, Alba by Quotient™ and MosaiQ™ by Quotient. The Alba by Quotient™ product range is comprised of high-quality reagents used to keep laboratories around the world running efficiently. They are sold directly to laboratories or through our OEM partners. MosaiQ™ by Quotient is our proprietary multiplex microarray technology, offering the world’s first fully automated, consolidated testing platform, allowing for multiple tests across different modalities. Quotient’s operations are based in Eysins, Switzerland, Edinburgh, Scotland and Chicago, Illinois.
Quotient is recruiting for a
The role is a full-time and permanent position, based in Eysins, Switzerland.
Reporting to the Chief Manufacturing Operations Officer, you will be responsible for all manufacturing activities for MosaiQ products in safe and efficient manner in conformance with GMP’s and HSE Regulation. The Head of Manufactruing – Switzerland maintains safety of all staff required levels, produces products to the required quality standard, achieves on time delivery of products, achieves the cost position required and drives a continuous improvement culture.
The main responsibilities include:
- Undertake a leading role in the formulation of both short- and longer-term manufacturing strategic planning for the MosaiQ Business to assure equipment, manpower and facilities are sufficient to meet projected requirements.
- Provide company-wide guidance and oversight to business efficiency and improvement activities to ensure a lean, cost effective organization through the continued delivery of business improvement programs, including leading Six Sigma & lean principles to drive highest possible quality, safety, employee engagement and product deliveries from the site.
- Drive all Business Continuity activities across the organization, assuring relevant plans are in place for the Eysins site.
- To assist in presentations to the Board of Directors, Investors, and external parties.
- Assure Product yield performance achieves defines objectives. Assure consistent problem solving and root cause definition to drive process improvements.
- Monitor product costs, ensure accurate modelling systems are in place and implement changes to contribute to reductions in cost.
- Provide oversight and guidance to all activities from placement of customer orders to dispatch of products. Ensuring procurement, production, and shipping procedures meet customer requirements.
- Participate in new product/service strategic groups and project teams. Lead technical transfer workstream to assure industrialization and scale up of new product developments.
- Provide support and guidance to the regulatory team including review of submissions and participation in discussions with regulatory bodies.
- Provide technical support across the organization.
- Assist all planning activities to ensure final product is available for customers in time with the sales plan. Products will include all standard and OEM activities including the transfer of new products from development to production.
- Assure timely and appropriate handling of product issues, including problem solving, resolution of non-conformances, implementation of CAPA’s and changes to the process.
- Lead and develop a single culture in the Eysins site, to achieve an integrated workforce by providing a conduit for issue resolution to achieve organizational goals.
- Promote a culture of quality awareness, good manufacturing practice, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- In collaboration with HR team, drive people engagement for all the site.
- Assure with Site Leadership team the safety and health of people.
- Proven skills in leading across departments to achieve company goals.
- Lead all activities relating to the development of site functions, policy and capability through formation of suitable Management and Operational groups to drive initiatives.
- Meet and exceed all financial targets agreed as strategic imperatives for the fiscal year.
- Ensure appropriate facilities are provided for Eysins based operations, including leading final relocation activities resulting in licensure and managing any facility modifications to ensure compliance.
- Lead activities that ensure Eysins compliance with local and national, building, safety and environmental regulations and laws.
- Ensure the availability of resources essential to establish, implement, maintain, and improve an EHS management system. Resources include human resources (with adequate training, experience, and skills), organizational infrastructure, technology and financial resources.
- Contribute to activities to ensure the appropriate human and equipment resources are in place to meet sales plan including the annual CAPEX requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be educated to a Pharmacy, Engineering or BioChemistry degree level, you have a proven leadership and minimum 5 to 7 years of management experience in a medium-sized equipment manufacturer for high-equipment complexity.
- A confident communicator, presenter and influencer with key internal and external stakeholders, you have the ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and commitment to ensure the achievement of operational gals and the effective management in a fast-changing environment with different levels of uncertainty.
- You have proven Project Management Skills as well as Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing experience.
- The ability to work in a rapidly and successful growing and changing business is key, being able to maintain working to high standards whilst meeting short term time pressured goals alongside long term strategic objectives, making timely and strong decision and demonstrating practical problem solving and resourcefulness.
- You are fluent in English and French.