Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 29 programming languages. Trusted by more than 300,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
The impact you can have
As Sonar’s business has been growing rapidly in global markets, a key strategic goal has been set to perform the accounting and finance function internally by providing timely, accurate, clear, and complete information to the company. To achieve this goal, Sonar has built a team of highly motivated and collaborating professionals distributed between Geneva (Switzerland) and Austin (Texas) focused on adding value and providing great support, whilst learning, developing themselves & others, and having fun.
On a daily basis, you will
- Support the Global Tax Manager on multiple international tax projects,
- Deliver the tax accounting and prepare the tax reporting files including preparation of tax projection, tax provision, tax account analysis
- and reconciliations,
- Help maintain the transfer pricing (TP) documentation including timely review of interim and year-end TP computations,
- Review of direct and indirect tax returns,
- Monitor timely tax filings and remittances in various countries,
- Assist the Sales Operation Team pre and post-deal (help with WHT exemption forms, review of double tax treaties provisions, tax certificate requests, etc),
- Monitor tax legislative developments that impact Sonar.
The skills you will demonstrate
- 3+ years of experience as a tax professional in the industry and with a multinational company,
- Relevant degree in accounting or finance,
- Strong tax accounting and tax reporting background,
- Experienced with VAT and Sales Tax,
- Strong team spirit and a mindset that is both collaborative and humble,
- Solid analytical and research skills,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Proficiency with mid to large ERP systems; Oracle/Netsuite, Google Suit, Avatax a plus,
- English is a must; French a plus.
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!