Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
At Alpiq, we are currently looking for a new Solution Architect for our Trading IT. In this role you will be part of a dynamic team supporting Alpiq's Trading Business with management systems for our energy trading activities, including the delivery of digital solutions to capture trading opportunities. Your primary responsibilities will be to establish and maintain an architectural vision for the trading domain, provide architecture support and guidance to technology and IT activities in line with the vision, drive the shift towards a simplified, microservices architecture and the reuse of assets and services and to pursue the changes required to achieve business and technology targets. This role is to be based at our offices in Olten and will report to our Head of Trading IT.
- Ensure architecture activities, decisions and recommendations are motivated by clear business benefits with transparency on risks, ensure follow-up communication activities related to achieved business benefits and/or risk management activities
- To establish and maintain an architecture repository for Trading in accordance with the agreed enterprise architecture framework, capturing architecture documentation and agreed architectural views
- To contribute to project ideas, projects, demands, and PoCs by
- Supporting the scoping of new activities, services and changes to existing services
- Analyzing and translating business, information, technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve the business objectives, ensuring that the blueprint capture both functional and non-functional requirements
- Communicating, presenting, and iterating architectural views and supporting material with development teams, management, and business stakeholders.
- Providing landscape-wide knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments to ensure dependencies and risks are accurately captured
- Ensuring technical solutions and changes on the Trading IT landscape are in line with the architectural vision, principles and standards set out by the Enterprise Architect, and the Information Security Management System
- Elaborating and/or reviewing low-level architecture design together with Software Engineers
- Perform architectural reviews and prepare conformance reports for development teams, Business Partners, business stakeholders and management
- Contribute to, review, and ensure adherence to architectural principles, methodologies, frameworks, and approaches, including best practices of cloud architectures; and represent Trading IT's interests in enterprise architecture workgroups
- Work closely with Business Partners/Business Relationship Managers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, technical experts and project resources to achieve common objectives
- 5+ years of experience and a background of working with enterprise/solutions architecture, systems integration, and software engineering
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification, ideally in an engineering, computer science, or similar technical discipline
- Experience in architecture standards, frameworks and tools, including security best practices; TOGAF (or similar) certification, experience in UML 2.x, BPMN 2.0, and/or ArchiMate is preferred
- Experience with architecting cloud solutions for the AWS cloud platform; AWS Architect certification and experience with designing secure, microservices and APIs is an advantage
- Experience of software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, DevOps) and requirements engineering is expected, preferably with certifications, ideally including awareness of project management methodologies
- A solid understanding of the energy trading sector, including related business processes
- An understanding of how applications, technology and IT services can support business processes
- Good communications, presentation and inter-personal skills; team and goal oriented, analytical and problem-solving skills are highly valued
- Fluency in English; competency in German and French is advantageous