Global OHS Manager
permanent, 80 - 100%
Bühler Group is a $2.7 B global company striving to provide a rapidly growing world population with access to healthy food and safe mobility solutions. Every day, billions of people come into contact with our sustainable and highly innovative technologies to cover their basic needs for food, mobility and communication.
As part of our global Project Execution team, the Global OHS Management Team is responsible for improving the global awareness and performance regarding all safety issues. We are now looking for a committed and highly motivated Global OHS Manager who is ready to create a sustainable tomorrow together with us.
- Drive safety awareness and performance on a global scale
- Develop and ensure implementation of Buhler Safety standards, policies and trainings, manage and coordinate trainings for all site personnel and train target groups worldwide
- In charge of maintaining the OHS Management System and analyzing accident occurrences, ensuring compliance with all regulatory, contractual and company requirements
- Lead and develop the global Safety network within Buhler and build a global Safety community
- Manage and promote our OHS Mission "Zero Accidents" and ensure the implementation of our and customer standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of our OHS policy and take appropriate actions for non-compliance
- Consult the Project Execution teams, businesses, areas and units on all safety-related matters
- Act as deputy of the Global Head of OHS Management
- Monitor quality and quantity of site safety inspections / audits carried out
- Takes on a key role in the Emergency Management team and support investigation of major accidents in Buhler Group
- Support and track safety risk management for installation sites and factories worldwide
- Consult and collaborate with local OHS organizations, Quality Departments (respective certification and EHS Management Systems) and those responsible for sustainability
- University degree in Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in OHS and Hazardous Management, e.g. certified Auditor OHS Management Systems
- Experienced in OHS Management Systems like 18001, 14001, 45001 and NEBOSH certified
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills, sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong skills in gathering, analyzing and reporting information and in using spreadsheets, database and presentation software
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a highly structured and organized manner within an interdisciplinary environment and a matrix organization
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills in an international environment
- Fluent in English and preferably a second language e.g. German, Spanish or Chinese
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite e.g.Excel and Power Point
- Willingness to travel up to 15% to project execution hubs, installation sites or factories worldwide
- Highly proactive, driven, motivated and flexible
- Highly innovative and cross-cultural work environment
- Career development opportunities and training
- Health-care program
- Free parking
- Company canteen and catering facilities
- Good connections with public transport
- Employee benefits and discounts
Who we are
Bühler as an employer
We are working to create sustainable innovations for a better world. Our aim is to transform the world's most pressing food and mobility challenges into sustainable technologies, process solutions and business models. At Bühler, you are empowered to show initiative and take responsibility. In our family-owned company, personal success goes hand in hand with shared success. We foster a diverse and inclusive workplace where integrity and courage are key drivers of our success. We support your personal development because we want you to make a difference. By joining Bühler, you will be helping us tackle global challenges while at the same time meeting the needs of our customers.
Bühler is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company, therefore, it's important that you match us and we match you. Regardless of your gender (m/f/d).
Questions? We're happy to help!