CELLULAR IMMUNOLOGY & ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
(Temporary Position - 1 year)
We invite a knowledgeable scientist to be responsible for designing, performing and analyzing experiments to support the validation of novel biologic targets in immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases in order to deliver the next wave of novel therapeutic concepts. Being an experienced, highly collaborative, independent and flexible team player you will be learning along the way from vast accumulated in-house knowledge and making a significant personal and collective impact.
- Design, optimize and validate functional immuno-oncology assays including but not limited to immunological multicolor cell surface and intracellular flow cytometric profiling, multiplex cytokine profiling, gene expression profiling, binding assays, primary human cell-based assays for the characterization of novel biological candidates.
- Perform cell culture, including primary human cultures, development and maintenance of cell lines.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary research efforts in a
- Write detailed protocols in English.
- Design, perform and analyze experiments and communicate
results in a timely manner.
- Maintain experimental records in electronic laboratory
- Assist with general laboratory duties including lab
equipment maintenance, ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Comply with all safety guidelines.
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required
EDUCATION AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of technical degree or equivalent in immunology, cellular biology or related life sciences. 3+ years of laboratory experience (industry experience preferred).
- Solid and demonstrable bench level experience in the development, validation and implementation of immunological assays.
- Hands-on expertise in methodologies, reagents and instruments used for primary cell cultures, flow cytometry (mandatory), ELISA and cytokine analyses.
- Experience with handling primary cells in BSL-2 level facilities, isolation of immune cells from human biological samples (PBMC) is mandatory.
- Practical knowledge in data analysis using standard software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad, JMP, Flow cytometry dedicated software).
- Experience in antibody discovery and pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a crossfunctional team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent lab management skills and mentoring skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to participate in a fast-paced work environment.
You will join us, a vibrant biotech community at the Biopôle ( https://www.biopole.ch/ ) overlooking the beautiful shores of Geneva lake in Lausanne, Switzerland.
This is a rare opportunity to join our growing scientific team at the very start of something special. You will become a part of the foundation of a new company making yourself an imprint…