Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
With a team of 3,800 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 40 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world’s financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services.
Rothschild & Co Wealth Management
For over 200 years, Rothschild & Co’s freedom to offer objective advice and our commitment to personal service have combined to shape and grow our private clients’ wealth, building value for generations. Our dynamic growth and ambitious targets in relation to quality, innovation and reliability have created a need for the above mentioned role.
Overview of Role
Within the Securities Dealing Department is the Fund Trading team which is responsible for the processing of fund trades for the Swiss, German, Spain, and UK businesses. We serve our clients in a highly professional way and we keep our procedures on the most efficient level to provide information and services in a timely manner. Every member of the team strives to optimize the processes continuously to exceed current and future expectations of our clients.
As a Securities Dealer you can handle all tasks for fund trades for client assets held in our custody and for client assets held with external custodians, contribute to companywide projects and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional way. You challenge the current procedures of your area of responsibility and you establish “best practices” in the team.
At Rothschild & Co we aspire to create a balanced, diverse, inclusive and supportive environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations and to provide long-term opportunities for growth. Our culture is inclusive and collegiate, by which we mean that we foster a sense of teamwork, respect and partnership in everything we do. We support various personal development initiatives through our internal networks and also membership of external networking organisations and forums to connect our professionals and promote inclusivity across the firm.
- Placing all Fund orders in mutual funds and pre-paid/alternative funds on time with various counterparties and transfer agents
- Executes processing of Fund orders with our fund counterparties including global custodians and direct holding with various transfer agents
- Monitoring pending orders, trading channels and related payments on an ongoing basis and overseeing order processing with all counterparties
- Follow up and claiming processes across fund information, trade confirmations, payments, etc.
- Studying Fund prospectuses and subscription agreements in order to identify fund dealing terms, minimums, cutoffs, etc.
- Clarifying and resolving reconciliation discrepancies
- Daily interaction with teams across locations including UK, Switzerland, Germany, and Spain to resolve issues and provide excellent client service to any queries raised
- Coordinating with internal departments as required including Legal & Compliance, Treasury, Securities Operations, Fund Research, etc.
Education and Qualifications
- Commercial degree, Apprenticeship or similar
- 2-3 years of experience in Fund Dealing / Fund Execution
- Very good command of English and German (written and spoken), French is beneficial
- SWIFT knowledge
- Able to communicate clearly to internal and external counterparties
- Reliable, team-oriented, and exact working style
- Avaloq skills are beneficial
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Good knowledge of financial markets, market instruments, mutual and alternative funds
- Flexible team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Pro-active client service approach and willingness to take ownership of issues and resolve them independently
- Works at high quality standards and seeks continuous process development to increase efficiency and service improvement
- Principled, thoughtful and creative
If you are curious to learn more about us and have valuable experiences in a similar role, then please submit your CV, Cover Letter and supporting documents through our recruitment tool.