R&D Specialist in Neurobiology
R&D Specialist in Neurobiology
"Potential and purpose and like minded-people"
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC is organized with three large research institutes for Nutritional Science, Materials Science and Food Safety & Analytical Science. Research Units focusing on Clinical Development, and PetCare, complement these major Institutes. The NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Lausanne is home to the two strongholds of Nestlé's fundamental research: the Nestlé Research Center (NRC) and the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) that investigate the complex interactions between nutrition, health and wellness.
Demonstrating result focus and strong initiative, you will be developing and leading highly collaborative research projects to identify nutritional interventions that support optimal brain development in early life, as well as brain health across lifespan
Education and experience
- Design and conduct in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies to test nutritional interventions to promote brain metabolism, function, maturation, and maintenance across the lifespan
- Design and conduct preclinical studies to test the pharmacokinetic properties of ingested compounds, including delivery to the brain
- Integrate scientific knowledge and identify innovative candidate nutritional strategies for brain health, with business, intellectual property and regulatory constraints to identify research directions relevant to product innovation
- Reach out proactively and collaborate with relevant experts within and between Nestlé research sites to accelerate the conception and execution of research projects
- Effectively manage research activities, research assistants, collaborations, and resources to deliver milestones on time
- Build relationships and manage complex stakeholder environment
- Contribute to scientific communication material, patents, and peer-reviewed publications
- PhD with min 3 years of post doc experience
- Deep expertise in lipid biochemistry and neuroscience
- Experience studying the transport of lipids to the brain, and the use of lipids by the brain as building blocks or energy source
- Strong interest in nutrition and nutritional interventions
- Experience in the design and interpretation of pharmacokinetic studies
- Outstanding track record of scientific publications in neuroscience and lipid metabolism
- Previous experience with research in industry environment is considered a strong advantage
- Fluency in English.
Show us that you have a creative and collaborative mindset and you are able to propose new and innovative ideas. Your excellent scientific insight, capacity to create relationships and build networks is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If you are dedicated to apply scientific knowledge and demonstrate an excellent scientific communication, and you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English at: www.nestle.com/jobs
The Nestlé Group is the World's leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 89,5 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2016, more than 328,000 employees worldwide and 418 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.
Invoice Center Avenue Nestlé 55 - P.O. Box 800 1800 Vevey