Manager, Health Economic Modelling - (1800006C)
Actelion Pharmaceuticals, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Manager, Health
Economic Modelling in Allschwil. Other locations may be considered.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without
disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us.
We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of
everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the
spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The manager, health economic modelling, will be part of Actelion global market access team as well as Janssen global
health economics modelling team. S/he will be responsible for the development of economic models for Actelion products,
specifically in the disease area of pulmonary hypertension and its sub-areas covering the total treatment pathway from
diagnosis to treatment optimisation, for global use in reimbursement negotiations and policy decision making. S/he will
collaborate with top experts in the field and be responsible for:
- The development of economic models, including cost-effectiveness and budget impact models. The work will involve the
in-house "hands-on" development of models as well as management and quality assurance of work conducted by external
- Refinement and adaptation of models.
- Integrate data into models from a variety of sources including systematic literature reviews, clinical trials,
indirect treatment comparison, health-related quality of life studies, costing studies, retrospective database
analyses, prospective physician or patient epidemiological studies
- Develop tools that explain and capture local data for the adaptation of models as well as develop clearly and
user-friendly documentation (technical report and presentation file) for the end-users. This role will also support
brand and functional leaders in the country rollout and training of global models.
The manager health economic modelling may also contribute to the development of statistical analysis plans if
additional data analysis is required for economic models.
S/he will support the preparation of the relevant sections of reimbursement submissions/dossiers and technical
assessment documents. S/he will also be required to support the preparation of manuscripts for publication in
- A post-graduate qualification in an appropriate field (epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics,
economics/commerce, public health, health administration or operations research) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in health economics or outcomes research is required.
- Advanced skills with Excel and Visual Basic programming for modelling is also required.
- A good understanding of advanced statistics such as cross over adjustment, predictive modelling and indirect
- An understanding of the reimbursement requirements for key international markets is required
- Experience with reimbursement submissions to managed care or national authorities is preferred.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and creativity as well as the ability to collaborate across diverse cross-functional
and cross-regional teams are critical attributes for the role.
- Fluent in English and second language is preferred
- The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to demonstrate
collaboration and teaming skills while working within cross-functional international teams.
- The position will require domestic and international travel as needed
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your
: Market Access
: Jun 13, 2018